#RSNFutureTutor Graduate 20015 Becky Quine (left) speaking with K&S visitors on the Future Tutor stand TGF13. Becky and…
From 7 to 11 October 2015 the Royal School of Needlework (RSN) returns to Alexandra Palace for The Knitting & Stitching Show. 2015 sees RSN exhibit for the 20th year at the celebrated craft and textiles show. This year the School will present a stand dedicated to its Future Tutors programme, featuring work by its first graduates Becky Quine and Deborah Wilding.
In addition to stands at the event the RSN will host four 90 minute ‘Learning Curve’ workshops teaching a variety of stitch and embroidery techniques in a quick and informal environment. RSN Chief Executive Dr Susan Kay-Williams will also host key note lectures at the show entitled ‘Embellishing Fashion’ and ‘With Just a Needle and Thread – 2015’, which features a range of new and inspiring pieces.
On the RSN’s presence at the event Chief Executive Dr Susan Kay-Williams said:
“We are looking forward to this year’s The Knitting & Stitching Show. The event offers a perfect opportunity to present the variety of work undertaken by our students at the Royal School of Needlework and to showcase their skills and achievements. This year we welcome the first graduates from our Future Tutors programme, Becky Quine and Deborah Wilding. Becky and Deborah will present their work, which shows the traditional, contemporary and technical skills of modern hand embroidery. We are excited to introduce these talented and dedicated graduate RSN tutors to our fellow attendees at Alexandra Palace.”
The RSN’s schedule at The Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace is:
Learning Curve Workshops
- Wednesday 7 October, 10.30 – 12.00: Introduction to Embroidery: Have Fun With Stitches
- Thursday 8 October, 12.15 – 13.45: Introduction to Goldwork: A Little Bit of Glitz
- Friday 9 October, 14.00 – 15.30: Introduction to Goldwork: A Little Bit of Glitz
- Sunday 11 October, 10.30 – 12.00: Introduction to Embroidery: Have Fun With Stitches
- Friday 9 October, 11.00 – 11.45 – Embellishing Fashion, Speaker: Dr Susan Kay-Williams, Chief Executive, the Royal School of Needlework
- Saturday 10 October, 11.00 – 11.45 – With Just a Needle & Thread-2015, Speaker: Dr Susan Kay-Williams, Chief Executive, the Royal School of Needlework