Hi everyone, Jamie aka Mr X Stitch here. Today is the sixth birthday of this site and I’m going to take a moment for some reflection and thanks.
First of all, thanks to all of you, dear readers, for joining me on this journey. Mr X Stitch has grown from being a simple blog with my witterings about life and stitchery to something that is becoming profound. With over 3750 posts featuring all manner of amazing embroidery, it’s become a terrific resource for fans of embroidery, professionals and students. I could not be more proud. Check out this lineup!
We’ve got a great array of columns for your enjoyment these days, covering pretty much all the embroidery bases. We’ve got specialised columns from some terrific authors, all of whom bring magic to their field:
- Zoe Williams makes astonishing art and shares her world via Felter Skelter
- Jennifer Graham, from the International Quilt Study Center & Museum brings a wealth of knowledge to Quilty Pleasures
- Inspired to Stitch is Olisa Corcoran‘s way of getting under the creative skin of embroidery artists
- Future Heirlooms reflects Joetta Maue‘s wonderful sense of curation.
- Ruth Singer‘s expertise and knowledge permeates throughout her Pinning the Past category.
- Becky Gould proves her love for the plush world in Plush Delights
- The Hawthorne & Heaney team bring the world of fashion embroidery to you in Sequintial Art
- Emily Moe‘s Millinery Operations showcases the best in new hatmaking.
Thanks to our friends and sponsors, Urban Threads and Kreinik Threads we’ve got Gear Threads and Kreinik Calling, both of which show their creative skills and share behind-the-scenes from the embroidery industry.
And now we have a new group of young guns, including Leigh Bowser, Kate Blandford, Jess “Loadofolbobbins” Taylor, Madeline Scharpf and Kim Searle as well as Digitizing Don, Erich Campbell, bringing you new content from different corners of the world.
I’m so proud of the team at Mr X Stitch and it’s an honour to work with all of them.
It’s been a crazy six years, but I’ve never been more excited about where we’re going. I hope you’ll enjoy the ride!
The Kingpin of Contemporary Embroidery. Committed to changing the way the world thinks about needlecraft.