We recently received an email from Christine Kellogg about a special project, and we wanted to spread the word.
The Holocaust Museum Houston is collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies to represent the 1.5 million children who perished in the Holocaust. All of them will be part of an exhibition to take place in Spring of 2012.
Here are the specifics:
- Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
- Glitter should not be used.
- Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
- If possible, e-mail a photograph of your butterflies, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send or bring your butterflies to the Museum by June 30, 2011, with the following information included:
Your name, organization or school, address e-mail address, and the total number of butterflies sent.
Mail or bring your butterflies to:
Holocaust Museum Houston
5401 Caroline St.
Houston, TX 77004
For questions or additional information, please e-mail email@example.com.
For more information or details about the project, please visit their website.