For two years, the wonderful Arlee Barr wrote a monthly post on the site, exploring art techniques, theory and practice. They were fascinating articles and we’d like to share a list of some of her earlier posts for you to peruse:
- ARTeries – Embroideries of the World: Kantha – Arlee explores ethnic embroidery.
- ARTeries – The Influences of Age – Using decomposition and aging effects in your work.
- ARTeries – Metal and Lace Music – Working with metal and lace.
- ARTeries – Personal Symbolism: Ceci n’est pas une pipe – Symbols and icons in stitch.
- ARTEries – The Plastic Arts – Soft Sculpture.
- ARTeries – Surface Tension – Exploring surface tension and its implications.
Arlee Barr is a Canadian artist, working primarily with textiles. She describes herself as “curious, eccentric and just a little opinionated“. Surrealist in thought, Fauvist at heart, Arlee likes the eclectic, explorative and absurd. Sprinkled around the interwebs, she can be found hanging around her fantastic blog and shop.
The Kingpin of Contemporary Embroidery. Committed to changing the way the world thinks about needlecraft.