For two years, the wonderful Arlee Barr wrote a monthly post on the site, exploring art techniques, theory and practice. They were fascinating articles and we’d like to share a list of some of her earlier posts for you to peruse:
- ARTeries – Embroideries of the World: Kantha – Arlee explores ethnic embroidery.
- ARTeries – The Influences of Age – Using decomposition and aging effects in your work.
- ARTeries – Metal and Lace Music – Working with metal and lace.
- ARTeries – Personal Symbolism: Ceci n’est pas une pipe – Symbols and icons in stitch.
- ARTEries – The Plastic Arts – Soft Sculpture.
- ARTeries – Surface Tension – Exploring surface tension and its implications.
Arlee Barr is a Canadian artist, working primarily with textiles. She describes herself as “curious, eccentric and just a little opinionated“. Surrealist in thought, Fauvist at heart, Arlee likes the eclectic, explorative and absurd. Sprinkled around the interwebs, she can be found hanging around her fantastic blog and shop.