- Ghost in the Embroidery Machine – Meet Erich Campbell! - 27 March 2020
- Manbroidery – Shaun Kardinal – Photo Manipulator - 13 February 2020
- The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge – Ema Shin - 6 February 2020
Hello lovely people – Mr X Stitch here! As you’re hopefully aware, I’ve launched a new cross stitch magazine called XStitch!
We’ve taken the familiar format of cross stitch magazines and given them a shot in the arm. Each themed issue features brand new designs from the best designing talent in the business who respond to the theme in fascinating ways!
Our first issue – Revolution – included a Pussy Riot inspired design by Ellen Schinderman, a Saturn V Blueprint pattern from Lord Libidan, and a rad Fight The Power design from Kate Blandford. And that’s just the people that have written for this site!
We’ve got designs from legends in the industry, like Maria Diaz, Emily Peacock and Jane Greenoff, and then we’ve got brand new talent like Tom Katsumi, PyroDogPins and Otterly Designs. It’s a terrific mix of talent and the designs reflect all aspects of Revolution. But that’s not all!
An interview with Crapestry, articles by Betsy Greer and Spike Dennis, needlework advice, all kinds of great stuff. I might be a bit biased but I think it’s the best cross stitch mag ever! Fortunately we’ve had feedback from real people around the world – check these out!
- “This magazine is such a wonderful initiative!” Adrienne, USA
- “The first issue is world-changingly good!” Sabine, UK
- “Thank you for creating this amazing magazine!” Sage, USA
- “Best cross stitch magazine ever!” Margarida, Portugal
- “The patterns are what I have been searching for: innovative, timely and full of spice!” Kelly, USA
Issue 2 – Beats – is in development and it’s looking groovy!
With this design from Peacock & Fig opening proceedings, you know you’re in for something a bit different!
We’ve got designs from Lucie Heaton, Keith Clark, Floss & Mischief, and many other terrific talents, as well as an interview with StitchGawd Emma McKee, book reviews, product reviews, and so much more, there’s not enough time to explain it all! Just trust me, it’s the nuts!
If you like cross stitch and have been waiting for something with a modern twist, then XStitch is here for you. You can buy individual copies for £10 from the XStitch website, or why not take out a subscription and save 10% on the cover price? XStitch is an ideal gift for the stitcher in your life and Issue 1 is a limited edition, so get them while you can!
The Kingpin of Contemporary Embroidery. Committed to changing the way the world thinks about needlecraft.