The Textile Arts Center’s Artist in Residence (TAC AIR) program equips emerging artists and designers with the resources and skills to better articulate their practices and contribute to their communities through a combination of studio access, rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum, critical dialogue, and mentorship. The culminating group exhibition showcases and promotes residents’ work on a regional and national level through additional catalogue materials.
The 8 artists for Cycle 11 of the AIR program will be selected by a jury of TAC staff and professionals working in different fields of textile arts. Cycle 11 runs from October 2019-June 2020.
TAC AIR Program Provides:
- Individual studio space
- 24-hour access to TAC studio and equipment
- Technical classes in techniques including weaving, spinning, machine knitting, and surface design
- Seminars in textile history, modern craft theory, and professional development (e.g. grant writing, art law, material sourcing)
- Critiques and Mentorship with professional designers and fiber artists
Learn more at www.textileartscenter.com/aboutair
- Deadline: March 18, 2019
- Last day for clarification: March 14th
- Application Fee: $25 through March 3rd, $35 March 4th-March 18th
- Applications online through SlideRoom: https://tac.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/41161
In homage to our favourite Kingpin, and because it's one of the "easy beginner" techniques, I'm spending today's column on cross stitch tips and how up your xstitch...
Hi everybody! It’s another Not Safe For Work Saturday where we bring you the sassier side of stitching! These are not for the faint of heart, so if you are easily offended, it's...